Service update from Martin Jennings
These are challenging times. The situation continues to change fast. What will never change is our commitment to you and the service we provide for you.
We’re now all working from home, aside from a very small number of business-critical staff who are handling post in the office. We’ve implemented this as quickly as possible to ensure business continuity and to future-proof our working practices, come what may.
I’m delighted to report that even in this new normal, we are continuing to deliver the service you’ve come to expect:
- Despite a big increase in calls, emails and live chats, our client services team has continued to achieve our response targets in every area.
- Our operations team has processed all work and hit all their normal weekly key metrics.
- Our IT team has made sure our infrastructure can cope with the sudden spike in demand for home working.
- Our senior team has put procedures in place to protect staff wellbeing, support our clients and manage the money in our care.
- Every member of the Parmenion team has taken our new working practices in their stride.
We can’t see what’s on the horizon in the coming weeks but remain as committed as ever to helping you through this tough period. To that end, we are working at pace on the following developments:
- Introduction of digital signatures. We know this is important to you as the country moves into increased lockdown. Any process we introduce must be safe and secure. We are making good progress and hope to have news on this in the next few days.
- Improving our 10% loss reporting. Many of you have raised the issue that high volumes of notifications make it difficult to work through the reports and understand exactly which of your clients are affected, and by how much. We have developed a new report to help you access this information easily and will bring you more details this week.
If you need anything from us, we’re on email, phone and live chat. We’re also introducing weekly webinars to keep you updated on the situation and everything we’re doing to support you. To book your place, please register here.
“The above article is intended to be a topical commentary and should not be construed as financial advice from either the author or Parmenion Capital Partners LLP. If a client wishes to obtain financial advice as to whether an investment is suitable for their needs, they should consult an authorised Financial Adviser. Past performance is not an indicator of future returns.”
Any news and/or views expressed within this document are intended as general information only and should not be viewed as a form of personal recommendation. All investment carries risk and it is important you understand this. If you are in any doubt about whether an investment is suitable for you, please contact your financial adviser.